Friday, December 5, 2008

Thoughts...

To all who can relate. I think one of the most challenging things of motherhood in itself is pregnancy. Or at least the first trimester. If you have had a baby and the baby is more than a couple months old, chances are you've forgotten. I especially think its difficult when you have other children to care for. Don't you just feel like a "bad mom"? I seriously have laid around on the couch for 10 weeks now. And it has felt like forever. Then bam! You feel better, and then you start to pick up the pieces, and feel a sense of panic. It's the moment that you get to again re-define yourself. And might I say, what a wonderful and sometimes scary event! I do know that it is all of gods plan. But as you are going through hard things (whether its pregnancy or something else) one might doubt, digress, harden etc. I think it is a wonderful growing experience to constantly have to redefine yourself as a person. We are all changing, we are wondering if we are doing what's right for ourselves, what's right for our families. What is it that makes us the best mothers.. wives ect. Hardships are what make us better wives and mothers! Overcomming obstacles, standing boldly for the things YOU believe are right. I think standing boldly for what you believe takes great courage, and it's not the most popular thing to do. We are women of much strength. Why else would he choose us to bear his children. We are the heartbeats of our homes, and I am so grateful to be a mother and a wife, as challenging as it is... how worth it! I am truly grateful to be feeling better. And a big "muuuuuah" to all who are struggling, or feeling inadequate, or feeling secure and high on life! You are loved!

7 comments:

The Gardners said...

It's funny you posted this today, because I have felt worthless as a human, let alone a wife this week! I'm 35 weeks and I came down with the flu and I was a total couch potato! I only did one thing everyday, and that was make my bed! It scared me to know that one day I will feel as wretched as this week and I will have a little one to look after...scary! Have you found out if you are having another girl or a boy yet??? I'm DYING to know! Any names picked out? I love being pregnant once you get past the sick part. It's magical! I'm sooo glad to hear that you are feeling better!

Crystal said...

Welcome back! I love your thoughts. You are so sweet and genuine. We need to get together. I have most of January off and would love to bring you and your girls lunch.

Chiara said...

AMEN!!

Kit said...

Sierra I love you!! I agree that we definitely need to get together again. I am glad that you are feeling better. You are so great!

Dana said...

I can so relate Sie, except I don't feel better until the day I deliver. That is why I have such a space between kids right now. I really have to gear up for it. Hope you have a Merry Christmas. We are for sure doing lunch next time I am up that way. Love and miss you!

Unknown said...

Well, said Sierra! Thanks for taking the time to say it :)

The Stanley's said...

Love your honesty, Love your eloquence, Love that your feeling better and I LOVE YOU!